So, you've tried every mountain bike shock under the sun and they just aren't cutting it, why is that?
The fact is, it's all in the oil..... the physical size of a shock and how much oil it holds matters! As soon as things get hot, oil changes viscosity and cavitation occurs, this has a dramatic effect on both compression and rebound.
The bigger the shock the better the performance, especially if you ride hard for long periods, but quality dampening and spring rates matter too, that's why we went to the people at YSS. With EBMX driving the requirements we believe YSS have developed the best performing shock you can match to your SurRon Light Bee.
Key Product Info: EBMX / YSS Custom Shock
Stock Rear Shock: 1.120kg
EBMX Custom Rear Shock: 2.105kg
Eye to Eye Length
Stock Rear Shock: 267mm
EBMX Rear Shock: 277mm
Stock Rear Shock: 89mm
EBMX Rear Shock: 67mm
Other Key Features:
- Plug and play (supplied with bushing kit) with the stock swing arm and linkage (also works very well with the upgraded EBMX Swing arm, remember to size up one spring weight if using the EBMX swing arm as there is more leverage with the longer arm)
- High speed and low speed compression damping that actually work (unlike the stock shocks…)
- Rebound adjustment clicker
- Multiple spring weight options (see table below)
- Designed for a motorbike, not a mountain bike (like the stock shock)
- Huge oil reservoir keeps the shock cool even under hard riding
- Less travel but you would never know, this shock is a massive improvement in every way over the stock shocks and any of the mountain bike shocks you can buy.
- Extremely strong and good for jumping
Key Product Info: EBMX Custom Rear Linkage and Triangle for Custom Shock Only
Included with all EBMX Custom Shocks purchased.
The EBMX shock is longer than the OEM shock and is not the same size eye to eye. This custom Rear Linkage and Triangle is set up to bring the EBMX shock in line with the travel of the stock shock, while reinforcing the structure of your bike.
EBMX Shock Spring Sizing Chart
This table is to be used for determining the correct spring rate for riders using the EBMX rear shock, linkage and triangle. There are two different configurations depending on if you are using the stock swing arm or the EBMX extended Swing arm.
When using the stock swing arm, EBMX shock, EBMX linkage and triangle the rear wheel travel is 205mm.
When using the EBMX extended swing arm with EBMX shock, EBMX linkage and triangle the rear wheel travel is 220mm.
Spring weight suggestions above are based on trail riding not extreme riding or jumping. If you plan to ride trails with large drops or do large jumps, please up size by 1 or 2 spring weights.